DATE NIGHT {03} GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY

This date happened a few weeks ago, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I've been lazy and busy and my pictures aren't completely sorted out and organized... Anyway, I still wanted to blog about it, so here it is: Gussie and I are very familiar with the Griffith Observatory, but we're from L.A. so it's hard not visit this free and amazing site--especially when we're low on monies. With that said though, because we visit often enough, some of the excitement gets lost, and we spend less and less time exploring the site. It's sad to realize this because as a little girl (8 years of age to be exact) I bought a book at our school's book fair, and it was all about planets, moons and stars. It was a simple book meant to spark the interest of a 3rd grader, but I wish I still owned it. For the next two years I dreamt of becoming an astronomer until the 5th grade when I dug up the remains of a rat and archeology became my main interest.

Though I still find outer space fascinating, and tremendously frightening, one of the main reasons I like visiting the observatory are the beautiful sights of the city. I absolutely love the Los Angeles skyline and it makes me very nostalgic. On this particular visit we captured the sky during daylight and then as the sun was setting. Lovely, isn't it? I call this place home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment