DATE NIGHT {02} DAY OF THE DEAD AT FOREVER HOLLYWOOD CEMETERY


So this date happened a couple of weeks ago, but we've been taking so many pictures recently, that going through all of them was a little daunting. Anyway, I finally organized myself enough to post these ones. They're not edited either because I'm waiting on Lightroom 4 in the mail (any day now!) Anyway, moving on to the actual date, Gus and I had loads of fun. We made it to The Day of the Dead Festival hosted annually at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and we spent about an hour making our way through the crowds and looking at the altars, decorations and costumes.  We also ate churros, chicharrones, and mangos. I heard that there was live music and other activities, but we didn't get to see any of that because we had another place to be. A few weeks prior to this, I had purchased Gussie tickets to see Band of Horses play at The Warner Grand Theatre in San Pedro, and though I'm not their biggest fan, I really wanted Gussie to see this time around (he had missed them last time). I had never been to San Pedro at night, but the ride was so beautiful. We went over two bridges, and blue gleams and yellow lights guiding the way reflected so soft and sweetly on the waters of San Pedro's shore--definitely the highlight to my night. But going back to the concert--I must say I really did enjoy it. I can't really speak for Gus, but I think he had a good time too. Overall, it was a lovely night spent with my boo.

P.S. This was right before Halloween so I decked out my my lime green toes with spider webs! I'm still so proud of myself! Haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment